Hi there! I'm Maria, the lady behind the scenes here at Craft Crazy Mom. Navy wife, mom, photographer, graphic designer, avid crafter and lover of DIY projects. I love glitter, glue guns, paper and paint. So glad you're here to join me as I blog about my life, love of all things inspired, and DIY! Want to know more about me? Click here.
I often get asked all kinds of questions when it comes to managing my life. Sometimes it has to do with photography, other times it’s about how I manage to keep my life in order. I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite things I use that make me happy and keep my crazy life in check for a holiday gift guide for moms.
1. Life Planner by Erin Condren. If you use this link, you can get $10 off your first purchase when you sign up. Score! I have this same exact style, but there are a ton of different designs. You may think that the cost is hefty for a paper planner, but seriously don’t think twice. Ask someone to get it for you or get it for yourself. It’s small enough to fit in a purse, colorful, and keeps every part of your life organized. It has a zipper pouch, ruler, stickers and so many customizable add ons. I cannot say enough good things about this planner. Seriously. OBSESSED! I write down all my to dos, appointments, birthdays, you name it. Then I sync my schedule with my husband’s online so we always know what’s happening and stay one step ahead.
2. Clickin Moms Membership from Clickin Moms. Photography is a huge part of my life because its my business, but I think every mother with a DSLR deserves to know how to use their camera and sometimes real life classes are impossible to attend when you have little ones. Step away from the “Auto” setting and create the photos you love. There are lots of super affordable breakout sessions to teach you the basics and more intensive workshops that’ll really help you. The forums are awesome also. Highly recommend this for those moms who have a DSLR and want to learn more about their camera and photography in general.
3. Etsy Gift Cards from Etsy. I love Etsy. A lot. So many creative minds and shops that limiting this to one item would be a tragedy. Get yourself something beautiful and handmade. Jewelry, bags, knit items, SO MUCH STUFF!
4. 50mm 1.8 lens from Canon on Amazon. So if you haven’t upgraded from your kit lens, you probably should. This lens is about $100 and is worth every penny. Perfect beginners upgrade. It’s a great prime portrait lens, small and is the cheapest lens you can get. Super sharp, pretty fast and great for taking pictures of your kids. This is the comparable Nikon version. I have since upgraded to the 1.4 version of this lens, but the 1.8 is a great place to start.
5. Ultimate Sandbag Training by Ultimate Sandbag on Amazon. Like most moms, its hard for me to find time to physically go to the gym. I usually just do free yoga classes online or Ultimate Sandbag workouts. The great thing about these workouts are that they are usually about 20 minutes and burn a ton of calories. I use mine with the Gymboss Timer. I was able to drop all the baby weight and then some a few months after my second child and I think incorporating these short workouts were a huge help.
6. Grace Not Perfection Canvas from Emily Ley. Emily is a fellow Tampa, FL gal who creates amazing products. I have one of her Grace Not Perfection prints hanging over my desk. Sometimes you need a beautiful reminder that it’s okay not to be perfect in this ride called motherhood. She has several different versions of this print. She also carries stationary and other personalized goods.
Do any of you moms have something that you think is essential in your day to day life? Please share! I’m always on the lookout for amazing things and ideas.
** This is NOT a sponsored post and not a single one of these brands know that I’m talking about them. However, this post does contain affiliate links per my disclosure. What does that mean? I make a small percentage if you choose to purchase an item at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting this small little blog of mine. **
If you don’t already know, I love the holiday season. I love glitter just as much. Might as well meld the two into something awesome, right? So I spotted some awesome Christmas decor online when going through a bought of insomnia. So I’m not sure exactly which site it was, but I did discover that [Read On]
What lady doesn’t love to get jewelry as a gift? Actually….. that would be me. I’m very weird about jewelry. I even picked out my engagement and wedding ring (my husband’s idea, not mine). When it comes to jewelry, I like to either buy jewelry for a cause, shop small businesses or choose items that [Read On]
So there are several techniques for Christmas light photography. If you want to do the blurry lights in the background (bokeh), Courtney from Click it Ip a Notch has a good post on light bokeh with how she positions her light source. Basically you open up your aperture as wide as possible. I like to [Read On]
Remember my DIY Tree Flock tutorial from last year where I used shaving cream and glue to make some “snow” for one of my extra crappy artificial trees? I’m here to let you know the deets of how the tree flock has held up after one year of storage. You’ll be completely surprised because I [Read On]
Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, I can talk tree decorating without people giving me the stink eye. I put my trees (yep, plural) up in mid November. Can you blame me? I have to take holiday pictures for kids and families in October, so I get in the spirit early. Jingle bell time happens [Read On]
When does inspiration cross the line into imitation? When is it okay to copy someone else’s work? These questions have been on my mind a lot lately because of a recent experience. This post isn’t specifically about blogging, but I think that it should be addressed anyways. Inspiration vs imitation. 1. It is never okay [Read On]
I’ve already confessed how peppermint instantly makes me think of the holidays in my peppermint sea salt scrub post. Now I’m getting peppermint wasted, much like how I got pumpkin wasted at the beginning of October. Must peppermint all the things! I figured I would share a peppermint mocha recipe with you that can easily [Read On]